It is great to see the Australian Federal Government and the Department of Communications getting behind Cloud Computing and assisting small business to better understand the benefits of Cloud Computing and how its use can improve productivity and drive Australia’s overall competiveness in a global market.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is today’s evolution of the Internet whereby computing power, data storage, application software, business processes and all forms of collaboration are delivered over the Internet, and consumed by you as a service, no matter where you are and whenever you need it, from your personal computer, smart phone or tablet.
Cloud Computing is not new technology. Most of us have been using Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Hotmail or Gmail for years, and yes you guessed it, they are everyday examples of Cloud Computing.
What are the benefits of Cloud Computing?
The fundamental benefit of Cloud Computing is it allows you to focus on what you do best, and that’s successfully running your business. No more headaches dealing with the technology itself ala “hardware, software, upgrades, backups and techies talking mumbo-jumbo!”.
The other key benefits include:
- No Capital – Managing capital in today’s business environment is tough. Cloud Computing can be funded from operating expenditure rather than capital expenditure, optimising cash flow, while enabling capital investment to be directed towards revenue generating activities.
- Cost Savings – Cloud Computing uses “economies of scale” to drive costs down. These savings are passed onto you the customer. In addition no need to maintain costly hardware and software maintenance agreements and invest in time consuming and expensive upgrades.
- Availability and Reliability – Leading Cloud Computing service providers offer 99.99% availability, that’s less than 5 minutes of unplanned downtime each month.
- Security – IT Security is expensive, complex and best left to the experts. Leading Cloud Computing service providers have this expertise and use the latest technologies and techniques to secure your information. In addition the leading service providers use purpose built, state of the art data centre facilities with redundant power, A/C, UPS, and gensets, backed by physical security measures to ensure your information is secure.
- Scalability – Cloud Computing is elastic and has the ability to scale up and down.
- Global – Cloud Computing is an enabler if your business is looking to enter new international markets. By design Cloud Computing is available from anywhere, anytime over the Internet allowing you stay in control of your business by delivering the right information to the right people no matter where they are located.
- Ease of Access – Cloud Computing services can be accessed globally and used by many devices including; Personal Computers, Smart Phones and Tablets.
At Jumeira Consulting we have extensive experience in business and technology, both here in Australia and internationally, and can assist small to medium businesses develop and implement a Cloud Computing strategy that drives and improves business performance.
In addition, we work and partner with the best Cloud Computing service providers and vendors in their respective markets, ensuring our customers have access to the best solution offerings at an affordable price.
So by working with Jumeira Consulting we can assist you with identifying and implementing the best Cloud Computing solution for your business that delivers real tangible benefits.