Get ready for two major enhancements coming to Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances:
- The industry’s first 802.11ac Unified Threat Management appliance, the Cisco Meraki MX64W, and its counterpart the Cisco Meraki MX64.
- Upcoming Intelligent Wide Area Networking (IWAN) functionality for the entire Cisco Meraki MX line.
The Cisco Meraki MX64 and MX64W feature significant speed improvements over earlier models: both devices run 2-3 times faster than previous MX60 models, and the MX64W’s wireless clocks in at around 3 times the speed of 802.11n wireless.
Additionally, new IWAN features to be rolled out over the next few months will allow all appliances in the Cisco Meraki MX line to provide the reliability and security of MPLS at a fraction of the cost:
- Dual-active path functionality allows primary and secondary uplinks to be simultaneously active and secured via VPN.
- Performance-based routing (PfR) ensures that the best uplink (based on latency and loss metrics) is used for transferring data.
- Policy-based routing (PbR) enables uplinks to be intelligently assigned based on network-level parameters such as protocol, subnet, source, and destination.
Want to learn more?
Cisco Meraki Elevate Partner
Jumeira Consulting is an authorised Cisco Meraki Elevate partner in Australia. You can buy Cisco Meraki products from us online or contact us for a quote. We offer FREE shipping* to everywhere in Australia.